Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pacific Beach Collective

858 488 4047

3.6 stars / out of 5.0 stars

It's been at least a couple months since my last visit, so I thought I'd go and have a looksy and see what's new.

Their normal corner spot is under renovation so they moved down a room, closer to the laundry mat. All female staff now (who were funny and friendly) instead of an all guy staff. Place is a little smaller and just doesn't have that cozy feel like it once had.... pre-raid. That's about it.

Their meds haven't changed much, they still have basically the same strains they've been carrying since the turnover..post raid (silver haze, pearl, snow cap, ect.) Don't get me wrong, the haze is a gorgeous flower, but it lacks the taste that would make it a $60 strain. PBC is listed on weedmaps as having a $55 cap on eighths, but their in-store menu says otherwise ($60, might wanna change that). I wasn't looking to spend more than $50, so my choices were pretty limited, in fact my choices were next to none (especially for sativas). The BT ended up extending me a bit of compassion and let me slide with a $55 strain (hawgs breath A, more like hogs breath C-) for $50. Dark, dense, crispy kernels..pretty low trich count, not really any wow-factor. BUT.....it did have a nice pungent smell and the taste was surprisingly decent as well, but not that of the real HAWG'Z.. this looked more like a $45 eighth. I do however like the fact that this place is only a couple blocks away from where I lay my head and has REALLY GOOD parking, but with the constant fire that's circulating through that neighborhood..I find it hard to remember this place when I'm in search of some affordable, top shelf kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment