Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gourmet Green Room

(858) 273-9300

originally reviewed 01/15/2010

3.4 stars / out of 5.0 stars

New spot in Pacific Beach right off the 5 freeway. It's actually quite secluded though, if you know where IGS (hydro shop) is, it's just a little further down the road from there (there's a couple signs that say GGR pointing out the way).

When I first arrived, I rang the doorbell and waited for a minute or so, didn't see any movement...then rang it again. After a couple more minutes I almost went back to my car cause I thought they were closed..that and the electronic open/close sign they had in the window was off. Right as I was about to lose my patients...I saw a door open and a gentleman walked out and open the outer door for me. He then informed me that he had been trying to buzz me in this whole time..DUH! I guess I just didn't hear the buzzer.

Once inside I was very impressed with the layout. Very clean, neat and tidy with a polished, professional look. I was quickly verified and invited into their nug room. The nug room too was very well organized, they had a huge flat screen displaying the menu instead of a dry-erase board..very nice touch!

On to the meds. I don't mess with the stress so right off the bat I'm asking to see the top shelf relief. That's when the "Private Reserve" menu came out from behind the table that listed eighths as high as $80!!!!!! The rest were like $75 and $70 WOW! I was real curious to see what goes for 80 bucks nowadays so I peeped out some of their so-called PR. Well, nothing I saw looked like it was worth 80 or even 65 for that matter. I believe that the private reserve stash should be reserved for the extreme kill and have a cap of no more than $65.

So after looking at a good amount of strains I decided on getting a gram of their Cheesewreck $20/$60 which was nice and dense, well manicured and covered in powdery trich's. Gotta love that Cheese smell, especially when it's mixed with the windexy smell of Trainwreck. Taste was decent and the high was definitely more heady than body. After medicating, it left me very calm and mellow, not to mention filling my room with a moldy cheese smell, but in a good way.

Their first time patient gift came in the form of a gram of their house whatever..a no name strain that looked better inside a blunt than on a bowl..they actually gave me a blunt for it!

NO edibles, concentrates, or clones. They said they we're waiting till the new city guidelines come out before they invest in anything other than flowers...kinda disappointing. This place is still very new and in the middle of nowhere...they need to beef up on their bomb and lower the donation price cap by about $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment