Sunday, May 9, 2010

San Diego Sincere

858-565-1053

originally reviewed 04/13/2010

4.4 stars / out of 5.0 stars

This was the first stop on a tour I did with Headbandfan and Mr.nice215 last Wednesday afternoon. They're located in Kearny Mesa off of Convoy and right by the CarMax. The club itself is on the second floor of a large office building and there's plenty of private parking in the back so not to worry. Once inside the waiting room we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who had me verified in a matter of minutes. The waiting room isn't huge, but it's clean, professional and gave off a warm welcoming vibe which is always good. The bud room is in fact very huge and also offers that same cozy feeling. There was another member ahead of us so there was a little wait, but nothing out of the ordinary. Plus there was plenty of reading material and things to look at during the small wait.

Once it was our turn, I was introduced to Matt, their BT, who was very welcoming and eager to show me what SDS was all about. New members get either a $40/eighth or a free gram with the purchase of an eighth. After looking at just about every strain, I have to say that the Private Reserve OG ($20/$55) took the cake. Just a beautiful representation of a quality OG, complete with smell (sweet pine, earth, garlic), texture (fresh and sticky), and appearance (well manicured and loaded with trichs). Unfortunately this OG is not a part of the $40/eighth deal, so HBFan and I ended up splitting a $55/eighth of it, which isn't bad, but I would've rather had an eighth to myself ;^). Matt ended up taking care of me another way so it really worked out in my favor! Since I still had some left over cash from splitting the eighth, I also halved a gram of their Bubba Kush Bubble Hash ($25g) with HBFan. I really don't like getting hash unless I can feel it and most places don't like you manhandling the product. I didn't know the protocol of this club, so I placed my judgment in looks and since the hash rattled around a bit in its plastic container, I also had to rely on Matt's judgment for its real texture and potency. The Hash ended up being pretty pliable once handled, but it didn't have much of a bubble when heated up. The high gave me a nice soaring feeling, but seemed to fall off a lot quicker than I'm used to. The OG was tasty with early pine notes and finishing on more of a spicy note. The high was medium, it didn't really blow me away, but I had a nice mellow buzz going that left me rather relaxed, but not sleepy.

Overall, I feel this club is more than worthy of a trip when in the area, I just wish they'd invest in more quality flowers, not just one. I'd rather pay $60 for an eighth of fire than $55 for something that could be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment