Sunday, May 9, 2010

San Diego Discount Caregivers

619-280-7332

originally reviewed 04/16/2010

4.0 stars / out of 5.0 stars

The last stop on a tour I did last Sunday with Headbandfan, Mr.nice215 and Malibu91 was San Diego Discount Caregivers, aka "The Bank". They call it "The Bank" because it actually used to be a bank. They're conveniently located off of University and in the very heart of North Park. Parking is not an issue because there's a huge private parking lot behind "The Bank".

Malibu being the only one of us who's already been, had the pleasure of referring all 3 of us. Once inside, we were greeted by a girl working the front who had us verified and off to the nug room fairly quickly. Now this is where things got a little hazy..I had a powerful cannabis infused concoction earlier in the day and it was at this time that it really started to take its toll. I mean, I remember them having a nice sized nug room and all, but I don't remember anything about the set-up or the BT. Nothing really stood out to me as far as the staff or the way the club looked from the inside. What I do remember is that they had a nice variety of flowers that ranged from their lower end $40/eighths to their $60 cap. The majority of the top shelf strains I viewed were decent, but the only one that really caught my eye, was the 707 Herojuana. It packed a pungent odor that was similar to that of a Kush and the calyxes on these dense gooey buds were just exploding off the stem. Though I wasn't really planning on getting anything, I bit the bullet and ended up splitting an eighth of it with HBFan. As a first time freebie, we were all given free gram samples of their BlackBerry Diesel, which was on the lower end, but I guess I can't really complain right?. I haven't gotten around to sampling it yet and I can't say that I'm in a hurry to. When we got back to my house to split the eighth, we were all a little surprised to see that the eighth was actually short by a point or two, which is not the end of the world, but I do expect to at least get what I paid for, even if it is just One Point. I guess that's just the chance you take when the meds aren't weighed out in front of you. To top it all off, after sampling the Herojuana, I found it to be bland and tasteless. It got me irie, but it's just not what I'm looking for at that price.

I hate judging a club on just one strain and would love to come back and check out some of their other top shelf options, but unless I use that coupon from the City Beat or they lower their cap, I can't see myself dishing out the ends for another gamble with my meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment