Sunday, May 9, 2010

OASIS HERBAL CENTER

(619) 280-0015

originally reviewed 04/15/2010

4.6 stars / out of 5.0 stars

This was my second trip back to OHC and this time around I had the pleasure of meeting up with Headbandfan, StayinThrowedAG with his girl jm619, and Hashley with her friend on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I showed up with HBFan and as soon as we walked in, the doors were a buzzin', we were buzzed right back to the nug room! Gus and John are such stand-up guys and are always eager to welcome their members with smiles and handshakes upon arrival.

One of the main reasons behind this visit, besides meeting up with some fellow weedmappers and scooping up a Sunday $45/eighth, was to check out the Bhang Lassi everyone's been raving about. I think Gus even knew this, he must have because within 10 minutes of being there, I had a nice cold cup of Bhang staring me down. I actually didn't know very much at all about this drink at the time, I just knew it was going to rock my world for about 15 hours. Surprisingly, this milk and cannabis based concoction is actually not that bad tasting. It tasted like an evil Horchata if that's any help. I started to feel the first effects of the Bhang about 30 to 45 minutes after consuming it. It felt as if a strong edible was starting to take hold of me, but it was more than just a mellow body high. I felt heavy headed, lazy, drowsy, and not myself. I'm usually very talkative when medicated, but for some reason the Bhang just seemed to shut me down. 4-5 hours later I still felt the same effects from earlier, if not stronger versions. That night I was able to fall asleep very easily and slept like a baby. The next morning I woke up and still felt some faint effects from the drink! What a trip that was.

For my Sunday $45/eighth split, I went with their Bubba Kush and Super OG. I really wanted to get some of their Oasis OG, but it still smelled pretty fresh/moist and feel it could have probably been cured a little longer. The Bubba had a very fragrant earthy/kushy aroma that had me sold after one whiff. The buds are olive green with thick dark amber/chocolate colored pistils and caked with milky trichomes. The taste is very sweet with an earthy/kushy exhale that doesn't fall short. The high is stupid stoney and made my eyelids droop immediately. The Super OG (should call it Popcorn OG) has that strong lemon/pine-sol smell that just seduces the senses. This batch is also packing a nice earthy flavor that lingers in your mouth. I got real lazy after medicating with the Super and after a couple more bowls I was drifting in and out of sleep at the computer.

Besides the $45/eighth I got and the free Bhang Lassi, Gus also gave us all some tasty Fruity Pebble treats. Man, that guy is generous! He really knows how to keep us coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment