Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Green Door Collective

(619)-584-buds

originally reviewed 04/15/2010

4.6 stars / out of 5.0 stars

The next stop on a tour I did last Sunday with Headbandfan, Mr.nice215 and Hashley, was The Green Door. This was my first visit to the Green Door and since they're a private club, I have HBfan and Hashley to thank for the referral. We all know parking can be a little hectic on Adams Avenue, so if luck isn't on your side you'll probably have to find a spot on one of the side streets and walk a little. The club is really easy to find though, just look for the all black front with the big green door!

Once inside the waiting room, I was given some easy paperwork to fill out and verified soon after. Pretty quick process! The nug room is huge and has a real comfortable vibe to it. There's just so much to look at, the place is really quite unique. They have a bar with vaporizers and other smoking devices you can use to sample your purchased meds. On top of that you've got one of our very own, Drewballz as a BT! You really can't beat that and it was great to finally met the guy. He was very laid back and instead of having to ask him to see every jar, he just started showing us the best of the best, one after another and we passed them each around for a good inspection. I was very impressed with the quality of the flowers we were shown, even at 60 bucks a pop, I saw some strains that looked and smelled worthy of their donation price tag. Especially the Green Door OG, which is what HBFan and I ended up splitting an eighth of. The stench from this batch of OG is a very robust mix of citrus, pine and earthiness that causes the eyes to flutter when smelled. The buds were left a tad leafy, but this is ok when they're wearing a thick coat of trichs. The taste was very similar to its smell with an earthy and piney after taste. The high left me pretty light headed at first, then worked its way into my neck and shoulders allowing some deep relaxation.

No first time freebie, but Drew graciously tipped the scales in our favor when it came to weighing our meds. I ended up with a 2.2 for $30 and that ain't bad at all! I would really like to see this club implement some sort of special, like a day when you can get 5 or 10 bucks off your eighth. This would give me a great reason to walk thru that door again.

No comments:

Post a Comment