Sunday, May 9, 2010

Forty Two Caregivers

858-270-9900

originally reviewed 04/14/2010

5.0 stars / out of 5.0 stars

This was the last stop on a tour I did with Headbandfan and Mr.nice215 last Wednesday. We were on the other side of town when we decided to go and with only 25 minutes before Fourty Two closed, HBFan made the call to see if they could stay open a little later for us. Whoever answered the phone said it wouldn't be a problem and we actually ended up making it in before the original deadline. It's been a while since my last visit to Forty Two and a lot has changed. They've switched ownership and also made some new additions to the shop. I had to be re-verified, but that ended up benefiting me because first timers get a free gram of their choice. On top of that, Forty Two offers two daily happy hours that drop the eighth donation price down to $45 instead of their $55 cap. So be sure to stop by during their first hour of operation or their last. The new set-up they have is a little different, but it works. Instead of the BT behind a bar, he's actually standing next to you as you view the meds they have positioned on a shelf system. Pretty basic, but straight to the point, the top shelf meds are on the Top Shelf! They don't carry many strains, but the strains they do have are quality. The GDP, Venom OG, Diamond OG, OG Headband, Grape Ape, XXX Diesel, and Purple Master Kush are all excellent $55 options and are steals at $45. I ended up going with a split eighth of their Diamond OG and GDP and as for my free gram, I went with the Vemon OG.

The GDP I got was so bomb, it's definitely my favorite out of the three. It's completely dark purple and reeks of that infamous purp odor. I got one chunky, solid two gram nug of it that was just sparkling with trichs. The taste was exactly what you'd expect from a quality GDP, full in purp flavor with a hint of spiciness. The high is very overpowering and will put you down for a nice long nap. The Diamond OG is a great looking and smelling OG. It has that pine/citrus aroma with a hint of earthiness that is present in its taste as well. Buds are medium sized, dense, nicely trimmed, and sticky to the touch. The high was very relaxing and also stimulated my appetite. The Vemon OG is equally as bomb as the Diamond, but is a little leafier and packs a different smell. I got more of a spicy aroma with light sweet citrus notes. The high was hard-hitting and sleep inducing, just the way I like it.

Hats off to Shaggy and Don for the after-hour vip service and quality meds. I will definitely be back to see what other new dank strains they have in store for us and you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment