Friday, March 19, 2010

Horizon Collective- La Jolla

858-456-1779

originally reviewed 03/14/2010

3.6 stars / out of 5.0 stars

This club is conveniently located right down the street form where I work and has been known to carry some decent meds from time to time. The BT's are heavy-handed and always kick me down with free samples. Their flowers are capped at $60 and they offer an array of concentrates, tinctures, sodas, and other edibles.

On this occasion I was on the hunt for some decent blunt material for a nice after work sesh. There were two other members ahead of me so I had plenty of time to scope out their selection, which consisted of about 15-18 strains. While I looked over their strains, I noticed they had a new female BT (maybe she's not new, but she's new to me). Anyways, for some reason I felt like she was out of place. Besides being dressed provocatively, she didn't seem very knowledgeable of their house strains either. I really hope Horizon is not going in the whole "scantily clad female BT" direction..this does not make your product look any better. Most of their flowers on this visit were low-grade and looked like $40/$45's at the most. By the time it was my turn, I still hadn't found anything worth leaving with. Every container I opened seemed to smell the same as the one before. Their entire top shelf selection was rather depressing and I almost left without making a donation. This club seriously needs to rethink its donation prices if they're going to be offering such ugly erb. The Pure Kush I ended up getting was definitely not worth $60, but it was the best they had, I needed some relief, and I can't bring myself to smoke on crap. So..the Pure actually had a nice coat of powdery trichs and I was able to break it up easily with my bare hands (perfect for the blunt smoker on the run). I can't really comment on the taste, as the grape cigar I rolled it in overpowered any flavor it may have had. The buds do however have a nice scent to them, faint, but still present. I'd gladly come back for some more of this strain if they'd just lower the donation price by about $10

No comments:

Post a Comment