Friday, March 19, 2010

Fresh Selection Cooperative

858.746.4207

originally reviewed 03/17/2010

5.0 stars / out of 5.0 stars

I actually stumbled across this club a while ago, probably within their first week of opening. They're located off of Turquoise St. and Mission Blvd. where Chronic Smoothies used to be. It was an easy check-in and from what I remember, I took home some nice buds. I'm pretty sure I got the Banana Kush and Blue Dream, both of which were quality meds. They also had some cheap outdoor Grape Ape that looked and smelled super bomb. Before I left I even told Skee to get on board with weedmaps so he could get the word out about the shop...and so I could write a review too. So instead of writing an ancient review I figured I'd just go and pay them a visit.

They're only about 4-5 blocks away from where I live, so convenience is definitely there. When I walked in, Skee remembered me right off the bat and even a BT who I hadn't met, knew of me and my reviews. I was also introduced to a chill little frenchy named Debo, who welcomed me into the club with a couple licks. I see they still have a fresh selection to chose from, along with a newly lowered cap. Donation prices now range from $20/$55 (their cap), down to some decent $50's and 45's. A good mix of indicas to sativas.

After inspecting the majority of their strains, I opted for the Super Skunk hybrid $20/$55. Let me tell you, these buds are a thing of beauty. Very light to lime green flowers with light brown-cashmere colored pistils. Medium denseness and a tad crisp, buds are frosted with milky trichs into a shade of white that screams WoW! There's a faint smell to this batch, but there's definitely some of that lemon/pine Jack Herrer odor lingering. I tasted citrus notes on the inhale while the exhale bares more of an earthy, spicy and smokey flavor. I'm loving the effects of this flower as a daytime dosage. It's not too much, but still potent enough to deliver some "couch lock" attributes. Especially when you smoke a joint of it like I did..lol. Yup, more than a couple bong loads and you'll start seeing the indica side to this strain.

For some reason I seem to have overlooked this place, I'll have to make it a point to check them out a lot more often. They sent me packin' too..on top of my Skunk, they threw in a couple halfmelt hash rocks ( which I haven't sampled yet and don't remember what he said it was) and a free pre-rolled (Skunk joint mentioned earlier). I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment