Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gourmet Green Room

(858) 273-9300

originally reviewed 04/06/2010

4.4 stars / out of 5.0 stars

This was the first stop on a little tour I did with Headbandfan and mrNice215 yesterday. To tell you the truth, when I heard GGR was gonna be one of the clubs on the tour, I was a bit skeptical. The last time I was there, which was when they first opened, left a bad taste in my mouth. We'll I'm here to tell you that things have really changed for the better.

Check-in was fast and the waiting room is still as clean as a doctor's office. They also now have a little library in the corner of the room where you can check out books and return them on your next visit. Once inside the nug room we were greeted by a female BT who's name I can't remember for the life of me. Anyways, the bud room is also very clean and professional looking. Our BT was friendly, knowledgeable and very eager to show us just about every strain in the shop...and we looked at a lot. I was really impressed with the wide variety of flowers they carry, didn't see any concentrates or tinctures though, and only one type of edible (cookie). Flowers are capped at $60 an eighth and they account for a large portion of their "above average" meds. I got the chance to view all of their top shelf options and would have to say that the California Kush, Lemonade, Lime Green OG, and Gaslamp OG were among the better looking and smelling strains. The Lemonade in particular has a very fresh citrus smell that also comes through in taste. I really didn't see anything too amazing so I personally didn't pick up any meds on this visit, but I was still given a free gram sample of their Afgoo which really wasn't that bad. It had a faint Goo smell, but bared a brownish tint. I wouldn't recommend smoking it out of a pipe or bong, but it's pretty smooth in a joint!

Overall, I'd have to say that GGR had definitely made an attempt to change things around since my last visit. No more $75 eighths, if they would just drop their cap by $5-$10 or at least get some fire meds for $60, then I could see coming back here on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment